Have you been thinking about giving floatation therapy a try, but unsure what it’s all about? We have you covered!
Floatation therapy utilises a precise solution of water and Epsom salts to give you the sensation of effortless floating. This allows you to completely unwind and tune out to the outside world. As well as providing a unique buoyancy that allows you to float without any strain on your muscles, the ingredients are soft on your skin for an after-treatment glow.
Floatation therapy has many benefits including:
- Increased relaxation
- Muscle recovery after exercise
- Alleviated headaches
- Inflammation reduction
- Recovery from Sports or injury
- Alleviated fatigue
- Enhanced circulation
- Management of acute or chronic pain
- A reduction in depression
- Lowered blood pressure
- Reduction in anxiety and stress and
- Improved sleep patterns
There are a few things you need to be aware of to prepare yourself for a floatation therapy session:
- Stay hydrated and don’t skip meals prior to your float
- Cover any cuts or scrapes with a waterproof dressing
- Remove contact lenses and jewellery
- Contact us to reschedule if you are menstruating or unwell
- Don’t shave or wax within 24hrs of your session
- Contact us to reschedule if you have coloured your hair in the last 7 days
- Don’t consume drugs or alcohol prior to your appointment
Now that you are aware of what’s required prior to floating here is an idea of what your floatation experience will be like:
- Arrival – When you first arrive you will be asked to complete some paperwork prior to your floatation therapy session. You don’t need to bring anything with you, we supply towels, shampoo, conditioner, bodywash and ear plugs.
- Cover the basics – One of our friendly team members will take your through where you can find everything in the floatation tank and floatation room including the location of the lights in the floatation tank and go over exactly what you need to do and what you can expect.
- Shower – It’s now time to jump in the shower and rinse yourself off thoroughly.
- Earplugs – Before you step in to the floatation pod put in your earplugs if you wish to use them.
- Neck Support – If you would like support for your neck don’t forget to take in the neck support.
- Floatation Pod – Step in to the floatation pod, close the lid if you wish, lie back, relax and let your mind and body unwind.
- Music – Gentle music will help to calm your mind and body and allow you to go in to a state of relaxation.
- End of Float – Gentle music will play to help ease you from your floatation session. Open the lid and step out when you’re ready.
- Shower – Have a shower to wash off all the soap. We supply all the essentials you require. You will now have silkier, smoother skin and hair.
- Vanity – If you would like to dry your hair, we have facilities available.
- Chill Out – Sit down and relax in our Chill out Room and enjoy a beautiful cup of herbal tea.
If you would like to read more about the amazing benefits of floatation therapy please head over to our blog What are the Benefits of Floatation Therapy to learn more.
For any further information please check out our frequently asked questions or give our friendly team a call on (03) 8578 6544. The team at Your Body Hub are here to help you revitalise and thrive naturally.